New alarming statistics on divorces are processed every year. There are about 30 thousands divorces per year according to Czech Statistical Office. Even more, Czech Republic is one of the countries where number of divorces is almost equal to the weddings. Why do we divorce so much? Everyone longs for harmony and deep bounds with somebody, but on the other hand our nature is to be independent and free to decide for ourselves. We tend to exchange freedom for love and intimacy in the beginning of a relationship. With longer suppression of this necessity we start to feel frustrated wishing to be able to take our own decisions again. There should be a certain equilibrium which would keep both partners equal in marriage. If it is disrupted, conflicts emerge and they tend to escalate. Usually when the marriage problems are in a downwards spiral which cannot be inverted, the divorce is on the table.Which behavior indicates that the relationship is over?
- Exhaustion or one-way investment into the relationship.
- If spouses start think about each other only in negative way.
- Problems are permanent.
- Arguments become insoluble.
- Children start to suffer.
What to do next?The most important question you have to ask is: “Did I do everything I could have done to save my marriage?”
- On which level are you able to communicate with your partner, compromise and enjoy your free time?
- Are you wasting your energy for resolving everyday problems or worrying about your future all the time and cannot focus on anything else?
- Did you and your partner try to visit a therapist for couples?
- Do you both know which problems are destroying your marriage?